Lesleigh’s expertise lies in legal structuring, tax advice and corporate governance of not-for profit organisations and charities. The combination of the accumulated years of experience as a lawyer in a number of fields in the private and public sector with Lesleigh’s analytical and problem- solving skills enables her to add significant wisdom and insight when assisting her clients.
- LLB (2nd Hons.) QUT 1983
- Solicitor of Supreme Court of Queensland 1983
- High Court Roll 1984
- AICD Graduate 2017
- Australian Sports Medal 2000 (swimming – 1976 Olympian)
- Queensland Law Society (QLS)
- QLS Not-for-Profit policy advisory committee member
- ACNC Professional User Group member
- AICD member and graduate
Current Board roles
- Director – Dial Before You Dig (Queensland)
- Director – Mt Alvernia College
Relevant skills and experience
- Appropriate legal and tax structuring and restructuring for not-for-profits and charities
- Review of membership and governance models Implementation of new membership and governance models
- Review of compliance – including the analysis of the application of legislation including tax legislation to structure
- Identification and management of risks in governance
- Preparation and updating of governance documents including constitutions and rules, policy documents
- Transitioning of incorporated associations
- Processes relating to amalgamation of related bodies
- Advising clients about the impact of changes to the law
Need expert legal help now?
Don’t hesitate to contact CRH Law. We have helped many people in the same situations as you’re probably in. We hope to hear from you soon.