Alice brings to CRH Law a passion for working with the not-for-profit sector, especially in relation to the complex legal and human issues that arise during the growth of successful community organisations.
Prior to joining CRH Law in 2016, Alice worked as the Associate to the Chief Justice of the Queensland Supreme Court, Catherine Holmes. Through her time as an Associate, working in the Supreme Court and the Court of Appeal, and her extensive experience in the community legal sector, Alice has been involved with a wide range of matters and clients.
Alice works with charities and not-for-profit organisations to provide clear and comprehensive advice in relation to a number of legal issues, including:
- corporate governance and structure;
- compliance with charity law;
- tax concessions and deductible gift recipient status;
- mergers and amalgamations; and
- funding and subcontracting arrangements.
Alice also has experience practicing in workplace law and volunteers regularly at Caxton Legal Centre’s employment law clinic.
Qualifications and Memberships
- Bachelor of Laws
- Bachelor of Arts (Peace and Conflict Studies)
- Member of the Queensland Law Society Not-for-Profit Committee
- Member of the Charity Law Association of Australia and New Zealand
- Member of the Australian Labour Lawyers Association
Need expert legal help now?
Don’t hesitate to contact CRH Law. We have helped many people in the same situations as you’re probably in. We hope to hear from you soon.