At CRH Law, our in-depth knowledge of aged care, retirement living and disability services has protected and added value to providers and organisations in these sectors for many years.
Whether you have fledgling or mature and growing facilities, we can train your staff to meet the increasing demands of legal compliance, risk management, people management, workplace relations, corporate governance, and negotiating and resolving disputes.
Your for-profit or not-for-profit organisations will benefit from our extensive experience working in the sector. In addition, the personal experience in managing an aged care facility within our team gives us a unique insight and practical approach to managing the issues you may face in this sector.
Aged care services
Clients providing residential and community aged care services rely on our expert, valuable and timely advice to achieve positive outcomes for their business. We can assist you with:
- buying and selling allocated places and facilities
- advising on mergers, acquisitions and due diligence
- dealing with supply and service agreements and disputes
- handling day-to-day operational issues and concerns
- advising on trends and new aged-care models and structures
- managing and advising on risk and compliance
- training staff to meet obligations under the Aged Care Act and principles
- advising and assisting with complaints, including the Aged Care Complaints Scheme
- responding to threats of sanctions and other penalties
- providing valuable industrial and employment advice, including negotiating workplace agreements and disputes
- reviewing residential care agreements
- protecting your intellectual property.
Retirement living services
Our CRH Law team will help you respond to evolving resident and market expectations and keep you informed about changes to the industry and the law. We can assist you with:
- buying and selling retirement villages
- managing your greenfield development
- expanding or developing your village
- registering your new village scheme with the Office of Fair Trading
- preparing or reviewing village documents
- conducting insurance reviews
- managing operational issues
- resolving disputes and handling resident relations
- representing you in the Queensland Civil and Administrative Tribunal (QCAT)
- advising you on setting up and effectively managing funds, such as a Capital Replacement Fund (CRF) or a Maintenance Reserve Fund (MRF)
- maintaining a healthy General Services Charge (GSC) budget.
With the introduction of the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS), disability services have taken on an entirely new dimension and importance in lives of the disabled and in operating disability services.
We can help you negotiate the changing landscape of disability services by:
- reviewing your operations and legal structure
- establishing new disability services
- managing mergers and acquisitions
- managing risk and legal compliance
- providing insurance advice
- brokering agreements
- Handling client complaints, disputes and resolution
- dealing with disputes with governments or their agencies.
Meet the Aged Services Team
Aged Services Fact Sheets
What Clients Say
“Changes to Government Funding and the increasing competitve nature of the community-based service sector have posed new challenges for Residential Aged Care Facilities. GACSL is a small NFP residential facility that has, over the last 18 months, seen the successful growth of our business through amalgamation to now include 48 independent living units. To have been able to achieve these outcomes specialist legal advice, including sound knowledge of the Aged Care Industry, was required. The sound professional advice and support given by Joanne O’Brien has been instrumental in achieving our goals and consolidating our position in the Aged Care Industry.”Sandra Strong, Chief Executive Officer - Gunnedah Aged Care Services Ltd
“Having responsibility for the delivery of a wide variety of sustainability and community projects in our region, access to expert legal advice has been critial to DCQ’s success. Joanne’s ability to quickly grasp even the most complex issues facing our business sets her apart from other lawyers. Her advice is always timely, practical and reliable and I would have no hesitation in recommending her or the Carne Reidy Herd team.”Leanne Kohler, Chief Executive Officer - Desert Channels Group
“Joanne has been advising integratedliving Australia Ltd for over 4 years. Having initially assisted integratedliving Australia Ltd with Corporate Governance issues surrounding a merger, we now rely on her valuable advice for a range of corporate, commercial and property issues. Joanne’s knowledge of the issues facing not for profit organisations is comprehensive and her passion for the sector is always apparent. Whether we have a small question or a larger legal issue, Joanne can be relied upon for her responsiveness and pragmatic approach and she has consequently become an invaluable adviser to our business.”Catherine Daley, Chief Executive Officer - integratedliving Australia Ltd
“Once again you provided a superb presentation – in the style that only you can deliver and which is so entertaining and informative. Certainly, a number of matters of importance for industry participants were highlighted”Leading Age Services Australia Queensland,