Whether you have fledgling or mature and growing facilities, we can train your staff to meet the increasing demands of legal compliance, risk management, people management, workplace relations, corporate governance, and negotiating and resolving disputes.
Your organisation will benefit from our extensive experience working in the sector. In addition, the personal experience in managing an aged care facility within our team gives us a unique insight and practical approach to managing the issues you may face in this sector.
Aged care services
Australia’s population is in the midst of significant change with both the number and proportion of older people steadily increasing. This change presents unique opportunities and challenges for organisations providing care and accommodation for older people. It is also driving significant change in regulatory oversight and creating an increasingly complex market place for care and services.
Providers of care, services and accommodation need experienced legal advisors with knowledge and expertise who can work with them to develop flexible adaptive solutions. Our CRH Law team will help you respond to evolving resident and market expectations and can provide advice on:
- The acquisition, development or sale of retirement villages and aged care facilities;
- Preparing public information and disclosure documents;
- Licence and leases with residents;
- Corporate governance and structuring;
- Residential care agreements and community care agreements;
- Responding to and managing disputes and complaints;
- Employment and industrial relations issues; and
- Retirement management and operations.
With the introduction of the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS), disability services have taken on an entirely new dimension and importance in lives of the disabled and in operating disability services.
We can help you negotiate the changing landscape of disability services by:
- reviewing your operations and legal structure
- establishing new disability services
- managing mergers and acquisitions
- managing risk and legal compliance
- providing insurance advice
- brokering agreements
- Handling client complaints, disputes and resolution
- dealing with disputes with governments or their agencies.